Since its inception in 1991, the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists of Ontario (APHEO) has supported excellence in professional practice and promoted the integration of epidemiology within public health decision making in Ontario.
To advance and promote the discipline and professional practice of public health epidemiology in Ontario.
The goals of the association are:
- Increase the capacity of APHEO to advance and promote epidemiology in the public health system.
- Promote professional opportunities for current and new public health Epidemiologists.
- Support and advance knowledge exchange among public health Epidemiologists.
- Develop and enhance linkages across policy, practice, training and research.
- Build and promote tools and resources that support the practice of public health epidemiology.
2016-2019 Strategic Plan
APHEO's 2016-2019 Strategic Plan has six areas of focus:
- Shaping system-level change for public health
- Data advocacy
- Partnership development and enhancement
- Knowledge exchange and professional development
- Facilitating network opportunities
- Improving and strengthening governance