Core Indicators Project Management:
Core Indicators Work Group
The Core Indicators Work Group (CIWG) is the central steering committee for the Core Indicators Project, responsible for all Core Indicators products, administration, and strategic activities
The CIWG also co-ordinates the activities of the Core Indicator Subgroups, which develop and revise the indicators, datasource and gaps relevant to their public health topic specializeation.
The current priority for the overall Core Indicators project is alignment with the modernized Ontario Public Health Standards, and migration of all Core Indicator products to the new website; this work involves all subgroups in the project.
- Project founded in February 1998 to address the need for measurement standardization between public health units.
- Originally called the Provincial Health Indicators Work Group (PHIWG).
- Received targeted funding in 2008-2009 from the Public Health Agency of Canada to develop indicators for chronic disease and risk factor surveillance.
This working group has limited recruitment, as the CIWG is comprised of: the project chair(s); leads of the indicator development subgroups; and volunteers working on areas of strategic focus.
If you are in interested in contributing to the Core Indicators project, please volunteer here.
Policies and Procedures & Terms of Reference
Core Indicators Strategic Planning Session: March 2017
Core Indicators Strategic Directions Session: December 2008
Core Indicators PHAC Project: July 4, 2008 - July 3, 2009
General Meeting Updates
Past CIWG Members
The Core Indicators project has been built through the dedicated efforts of epidemiologists and public health professionals across Ontario, who typically manage their Core Indicators work in addition to their normal workload. Thank-you to all Core Indicators volunteers, past and present.
Updated: November 30th, 2018
- CIWG & Subgroups
- Core Indicators Work Group
- Built Environment
- Cancer Prevention
- Comprehensive Tobacco Control
- Environmental Health
- Health Outcomes
- Healthy Eating Active Living
- Healthy Growth and Development
- Infectious Diseases
- Injury Prevention
- Mental Health
- Oral Health
- Positive Parenting
- Reproductive Health
- Sexual Health
- Social Determinants of Health
- Substance Use