Social Media as a Tool for Public Health
Spring 2012 APHEO Workshop (A Post-Convention Workshop in conjunction with TOPHC)
Location: Toronto, Sheraton Centre Toronto
Date: April 5th, 2012
Goal: To provide a overview of social media and other online resources as tools for public health at the local level, across a variety of content areas and applications.
Objectives: After this educational session, participants will be able to:
- List and describe various social media platforms and online resources
- Recognize how social media is being used by Public Health as a recruitment tool and as a data source for qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Identify potential issues regarding the use of social media at the local health unit level
- Integrate social media and online resources within their daily work
- Identify a network of other public health professionals with an interest in social media.
Adam van Dijk, Chair
Planning Services Provided by:
Chuck Schouwerwou, ConferSense Planners Inc.
- Past Conferences & Workshops
- 2017 Conference
- 2016 Workshop
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Workshop
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Spring Workshop
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Fall Workshop
- 2008 Fall Workshop
- 2007 Conference
- 2006 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- 2004 Conference
- 2003 Conference
- 2002 Conference
- 2001 Conference
- 2000 Conference
- 1999 Conference