BROADER DETERMINANTS OF PUBLIC HEALTH: What We Need To Know Now
Location: Hamiltion, Royal Connaught Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
Date: November 18-19, 1999
Goals and Objectives
This Conference will focus on modern views of the broader determinants of health. All public health professionals with an interest in understanding the impacts of the broader determinants of health, and who want to learn how to apply this knowledge to their day-to-day work in public health are welcome to attend.
- To better understand the impacts of the broader determinants of health, while learning how to apply this knowledge to our day to day work in Public Health.
- To review a range of factors that can determine the health of the public through presentations and discussions with specialists in this field.
- To increase awareness of relevant data and sources of information that can provide objective measurement of health determinants on a local level.
- To provide an opportunity for networking among epidemiologists and other public health professionals.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to share their experiences working with issues related to the broader determinants of health.
|Document Name||Type||Description||Categories||Status||Uploaded by|
1999 APHEO Conference Agenda
1999 APHEO Conference
|1999 November Conference Past Conferences & Workshops Agenda||Public|
Average Rating of Presenters, Panel, and Posters (1= not very useful; 9 = very useful)
Other Ratings (% of participants)
|Relevance||71.4 Very; 28.6 Somewhat|
|Amount Learned||71.4 Great Deal; 28.6 Little|
|Amount of Detail||88.6 Just Right|
|Amount of Time||94.3 Just Right|
|Quality||62.9 Excellent; 37.1 Good|
|Met Expectation||45.7 Almost All; 45.7 Most|
|Amount of Information||48.6 Very Satisfied; 51.4 Mostly Satisfied|
|Overall Satisfaction||60.0 Very; 37.1 Mostly|
|Location||7.1 Excellent; 40.0 Good; 20.0 Fair|
|Handouts / Audio Visuals||60% Excellent|
Adam Stevens - Chair
- Past Conferences & Workshops
- 2017 Conference
- 2016 Workshop
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Workshop
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Spring Workshop
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Fall Workshop
- 2008 Fall Workshop
- 2007 Conference
- 2006 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- 2004 Conference
- 2003 Conference
- 2002 Conference
- 2001 Conference
- 2000 Conference
- 1999 Conference