Surveillance and Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases in Ontario: The New Normal
Location: Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls Hilton Hotel
Date: October 3–5, 2004
The 12th Conference of the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists in Ontario (APHEO) is to be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada from October 3 - 5, 2004. The Conference, entitled "Surveillance and Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases in Ontario: The New Normal” will bring together epidemiologists and others representing a wide range of interests to discuss cutting edge issues in communicable diseases and health. International, national, provincial, and local speakers will provide a wealth of information from a variety of perspectives. An interactive panel discussion will provide an opportunity to further discuss concepts with presenters. Additionally, a workshop on statistical modelling will be available at the conclusion of the conference. Consistent with the tradition of APHEO conferences, there will be many networking opportunities for all participants. The goal and objectives of the conference are provided. This will be a wonderful opportunity to learn more in the rapidly changing environment of communicable diseases.
Conference Goal: To advance and promote the discipline and professional
practice of communicable disease epidemiology in Ontario Public Health Units
- To provide an overview of communicable disease surveillance systems and programs.
- To increase awareness of relevant and essential data and sources of information that aid in the measurement of communicable disease incidence and health impacts.
- To discuss the dissemination of communicable disease information for the enhancement of accurate and timely decision-making.
- To discuss the future directions of communicable disease prevention and control.
- To provide a platform for public health professionals to present results of their communicable disease research.
- To provide networking opportunities for epidemiologists and other public health professionals.
|Document Name||Type||Description||Categories||Status||Uploaded by|
|Please login to view documents|
Mary Lou Decou
Planning Services Provided by:
Chuck Schouwerwou, ConferSense Planners Inc.
- Past Conferences & Workshops
- 2017 Conference
- 2016 Workshop
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Workshop
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Spring Workshop
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Fall Workshop
- 2008 Fall Workshop
- 2007 Conference
- 2006 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- 2004 Conference
- 2003 Conference
- 2002 Conference
- 2001 Conference
- 2000 Conference
- 1999 Conference