- Build and enhance connections between colleagues across Ontario public health organizations.
- Harness the expertise of all attendees through interactive sessions.
- Share relevant and innovative skills, methods, tools and information.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration.
In 2016, APHEO hosted its first "Unconference”, a hands-on workshop emphasizing the expertise of the participants in the room. It was a loosely structured event, and instead of formal conference presentation, the agenda was set through a crowdsourcing process in the months leading up to the event. Session ideas were suggested, developed and then facilitated by the Unconference attendees, resulting in an agenda made up primarily of breakout sessions, covering a wide variety of topics relevant to public health epidemiology. The Unconference was held November 6th-8th, at the Sheraton in downtown Hamilton, Ontario.
APHEO Members can explore Unconference content by document type in the tables below, or by session in the links webpage.
Program and Session Summary
|Document Name||Type||Description||Categories||Status||Uploaded by|
2016 Workshop Program
The official program of the 2016 APHEO Workshop. Contains a synopsis of the sessions held at the event.
|November Program 2016 Workshop||Public|
APHEO Strategic Plan Update
Session Detail Documents
Presentations from the Workshop
Other Resources from the Workshop
EvaluationThe post-event evaluation survey was created and analysed by an APHEO member who was not part of the Unconference planning committee. The full evaluation report is available to APHEO members in the table below; key results include:
- Between 83 and 96 percent of respondents felt that each workshop objective was satisfactorily met.
- Between 80 and 100 percent of respondents were satisfied with the workshop logistics including registration, venue and audio/visual.
- The majority of respondents were satisfied with the food and beverages, excluding the Tuesday boxed lunch.
- The most frequently mentioned "best things" about the workshop included: variety and usefulness of sessions, interactive format and discussions, networking and knowledge sharing, food, the board games night, and the "Unconference" format.
- The most frequently mentioned "worst things" about the workshop included: rooms and seating not suited for sessions, sessions were too short, no plenary or guest speaker or closing session, hotel facilities and the plenary.
|Caitlyn Paget||Chair / Sponsors / Agenda Setting|
|Caitlin Johnson||Swag / Social / Evaluation|
|James Lane||Website / Sponsorship|
|Liz Corson||Agenda Setting|
|Stanley Ing||Website / Sponsorship|
|Wendy Pigott||Treasurer / Executive Liasion|
|Sarah Edwards||Past Chair|
Planning Services Provided by
Chuck Schouwerwou, ConferSense Planners Inc.
- Past Conferences & Workshops
- 2016 Workshop
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Workshop
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Spring Workshop
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Fall Workshop
- 2008 Fall Workshop
- 2007 Conference
- 2006 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- 2004 Conference
- 2003 Conference
- 2002 Conference
- 2001 Conference
- 2000 Conference
- 1999 Conference